I wanted to share with you a few posts I’ve read recently that would inspire, challenge and encourage you.
- Seth Godin – check out what NYC cab guys think about adding the credit card option – CON: the absorb the fees, but PRO: (well, read it for yourself!)
- Chris Brogan – this is a short post but a powerful one on understanding your audience; speak not to an impersonal group, but speak as though you are talking to each one individually about something very important
- Brand Autopsy – learn what one research firm says is the 10 Most Talked About Brands of 2010
- MarketingProfs – gotta read this: 5 Reasons Why Social Media is Right for Every Small Business
- Sam Dekker – Sam shares a poem about the paradoxes of servant leadership – my favorite line: “Great enough to be anonymous” (wow!)
- John Maxwell – one of my favorite leadership gurus shares “3 R’s of Decision-Making“
How did I find about all of these? 3 easy ways I find great blog posts:
- Twitter – following many of these names, I see their stuff. Or I follow other people who retweet (RT) their information. This is one of the best results I get out of Twitter
- Google Reader – many subscribe to this popular RSS aggregator (but sorry to see what’s happening to Bloglines, another of its kind). This acts a subscription to a page where you get a list of all the websites and blog posts YOU want but don’t have to go all over looking to see if there is new content
- Alltop – this is an online newsstand, wealth of information categorized for easy scanning. Similar to Google Reader, but this is not based on MY subscriptions. So while Google Reader might help me find new content from people I have already decided to follow, Alltop shows me new stuff I’m not aware of.
Have a great Monday and happy reading!