As a Duct Tape Marketing Certified Consultant, I hear the same question over and over: what is marketing and why isn’t it working for me?
John Jantsch, founder of Duct Tape Marketing, offers the simplest 7 steps to marketing success I’ve ever seen – and yes, I follow these same 7 steps in marketing our own small business.
As we go out for Thanksgiving break, consider these simple 7 steps you can implement to create a sound marketing plan for your small business:
- Develop strategy before tactics – Base all decisions on an ideal customer and core message of difference
- Embrace The Marketing Hourglass ™ – Look at every potential prospect and customer touchpoint and design a remarkable experience
- Adopt the publishing model – Commit to producing content that builds trust and educates
- Create a total web presence – Develop a plan that takes advantage of the SEO and social media aspects of being found
- Orchestrate the lead generation trio – Use technology to create multiple ways to generate leads via advertising, public relations, and referrals
- Drive a lead conversion system – Develop a sales system that everyone in the organization can use from initial contact to results review
- Live by the marketing calendar – Make marketing a habit by establishing monthly, weekly and daily action steps
Read John’s full article on AMEXOpen Forum.
I can also present these 7 steps in greater detail to your Chamber group, networking meeting, or business – click here to schedule me to speak to your organization.